Greyhound adoption is a quick and simple process:
- Fill in the form which tells us everything we need to know about you and your lifestyle
- We match you with your perfect greyhound
- Your loving greyhound comes desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, vet checked and lifetime registered with your council
- You will receive a lead, collar, worming treatment and a comprehensive document outlining your greyhounds’ history and personality
- We offer a 14 day settling in period.
- You will receive a high level of support during and after the adoption.
Click below to download a copy of the comprehensive manual which all adopters receive as part of the adoption process.
By choosing to adopt a greyhound you’re choosing a pet that is perfect for any home.
The low upkeep pet for busy people
Greyhounds enjoy a 15-20 minute walk a day and spend the rest of their time contently sleeping for up to 20 hours. They are highly affectionate and will patiently wait for you to get home so they let you know how much they have missed you.
The perfect pet for small apartments
Despite their big appearance, greyhounds don’t need vast amounts of space, in fact they thrive in smaller urban spaces where they prefer to roll up into a ball and sleep the day away. They quietly settle into their urban environment, where you will rarely hear them bark – so you won’t hear your neighbours complain!
A loyal addition to the family
Greyhounds are gentle, highly affectionate dogs that are more likely to walk away from over enthusiastic children rather than snapping or growling at them. They are docile, low maintenance dogs that will become your children’s new best friend from day one.
A great companion for the elderly
Greyhounds are gentle giants. They are known for being docile, placid companions that thrive on being by your side, giving you all their love, all of the time. They are not highly excitable dogs, they much prefer walks beside you rather than ahead of you.
For more information on greyhound adoption, fill in an application form or give our friendly staff a call on 1800 696 377. We are more than happy to assist you with any questions regarding greyhound adoption in NSW.