With the recent announcement from WHO (World Health Organisation) declaring COVID-19 or novel Coronavirus a pandemic, the safety of our valued adopters and foster carers when visiting our Adoption Centres is of great importance to us here at Greyhounds As Pets.
We want to assure our visitors that we are implementing all the measures advised to us by Australian Department of Health and the government regarding social distancing and hygiene.
Given the nature of our organisation, we do not have a high number of people passing through the facility each day, however we have introduced measures to minimise unnecessary risk, including:
- Appointment only visits to the Adoption Centres, with the facility not readily open to the public for walk-ins.
- Ready supply of hand sanitiser available in the facility for use of staff and visitors
- Request all visitors to wash their hands on arrival and after visit
- Continued usage of the most effective germ killing products such as F10, sanitisers and disinfectants on all surfaces
- Communication amongst our team and between our facilities on important prevention measures
- Following government health guidelines and recommendations
None of our staff have reported any health concerns with social distancing the standard for our team.
Please do not consider visiting our facilities if you are experiencing any of the symptoms related to COVID-19. We thank you for your continued support of our mission to find homes for retired racing Greyhounds and look forward to your visit at one of our Adoption Centres soon