The decision to welcome a greyhound into the home is one that can bring a lot of excitement, satisfaction and pride to show off your new four-legged friend. That said it is not a decision that should be taken lightly. That is why the dedicated staff at Greyhounds As Pets are with you for the whole journey.
We pride ourselves on not only matching the right dog to you and your circumstances but on our customer service, and this begins a long time before a greyhound sets foot in your home.
Not only do we provide you with a comprehensive website which provides a world of information all about greyhounds and ownership at your finger tips, but we are always on hand to provide as much advice and support as needed.
There are a number of greyhounds available to be re-homed via different avenues and agencies, so why should you choose a greyhound from Greyhounds As Pets?
- All our greyhounds are professionally temperament assessed to ensure their suitability as a household and family pet.
- Our greyhounds undergo a minimum of six weeks of fostering where they make the transition from life as a racer to life in the slower lane of pet life.
- All our greyhounds are desexed, have their teeth cleaned, are vaccinated, microchipped and lifetime registered with the companion animals register (NSW) (which is the council registration that is completed prior to going to their new home).
- All our greyhounds go to their new home with up to date flea, heartworm and intestinal worm treatments, as well as a month’s additional supply of these products.
- All our greyhounds go to their new homes with a lead, martingale-style collar and muzzle. If the greyhound has already passed their assessment to become a Greenhound, the new owner will also receive their Greenhound collar and ID tag.
Greyhounds As Pets is currently a not-for-profit initiative coordinated by Greyhound Racing NSW. In the near future, the initiative will be transferred to and operated by a not-for-profit company established for the purpose of humanely and ethically rehoming retiring and relinquished greyhounds. Greyhounds As Pets provides greyhound racing owners and trainers with the opportunity to have suitable dogs re-homed with minimal effort and expense.
The program has been in operation since 2008 with significant investment over the last 18 months which has seen the acquisition and development of a specific Greyhounds As Pets facility specifically on the NSW Central Coast.
The dedicated team at Greyhounds As Pets are committed to finding you the perfect companion, and more than willing to provide advice and assistance throughout the journey.